RED assignment

Leave a Comment


This was the first assignment I worked at. From the workbook scans, my creative and thinking process is more clear.
Basically, I started brainstorming with my family about feelings that the colour RED evoked to us. Some red related feelings, emotions and various things (Alice, my 6 yo daughter, started naming everything she knows is red) came out of it, until the moment in which we considered that my partner is COLOURBLIND.  That was the turning point in my project.
We, as people with normal colour vision, easily link different colours to different feelings in quite the same way. I thought it would have been interesting to study more about how different colour's perception can affect the life of colourblind people. Through photography, of course.





Me and Giorgio thought about giving the project a sense of different visions. I choose to take the same photo and then replicate it with colours changed, as to show my vision and his.  By a bit of errors and trials, I decided to divert from the initial pictures of a red dress to something more appealing and that we are not so used to see. So, what better than food photography? I mean, we all see dresses of many colours, but who sees strawberries in green tones? And, more important, What feelings does this different perception give to the imagination and taste of it? Does it affect tastes and dislikes? 









There was not enough time to develop all these ideas in  a few days, so I ended up with doing the series of two photos, but I think it is an interesting point of view that I might develop in the future.






TECHNICALITIES:
I was going to retouch in Photoshop the second picture, according to Giorgio's instructions but, after a little search on Google I found that Photoshop has already got a setting for colourblind vision that changes the colours pretty close to reality. Unfortunately, I could only see the adapted vision and not save it as an image. I went on by saving it as pdf.

I did not know how to make a digital contact sheet in Photoshop, but I managed to do it easily.

0 commenti:

Posta un commento